My Top 10 Gym Pet Peeves
As you might assume, I LOVE working out! The gym is my second home…and sometimes my first. Whether I’m teaching class, training a client, or working out on my own, I enjoy observing people and their habits. After 20 years of being in the gym, there are some things that just get on my nerves. So, just for fun, I have compiled my Top 10 Gym Pet Peeves. Are any of these yours too? Here are the first five:
1. People who constantly talk (loudly) on their cell phone while “working out:” No, I don’t want to hear about your date last night or the blister on your third toe. Get off the phone and work out! If you really must be on the phone, please use your “bus” voice.
2. Men who grunt/scream while lifting: Do you really need attention that badly? We all know that you can exhale without making all that noise. Plus, you will be more efficient at actually lifting those weights.
3. People who sweat all over the machines or floor and don’t wipe it up: Ew! Gross!
4. People who use weights that are too heavy and don’t go Full Range of Motion: Sorry guys, but this is usually you and no, you are not impressing me. You actually would impress me if you dropped back on the poundage and worked out correctly. Plus, you would probably see better results.
5. People who don’t put away their equipment: Have some courtesy!!! The gym staff is not your wait staff or personal assistant. Did your mom not teach you to put away your toys?
Tune in later in the week for the next five Gym Pet Peeves.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 13th, 2010 at 1:53 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
64 Responses to “My Top 10 Gym Pet Peeves”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.